- Your personal notifications about commits, issues and pull request
- iOS push notifications for your GitHub notifications (you can enable them on a per account basis)
News and Activity Feeds
- The latest events of repositories you watch and users you follow
- Besides the notifications, this is most likely your main entry into seeing what's going on at the moment
- Quick access to your repos plus the ones on your star- and watchlist
- See the code and recent commits of the different branches, the README, issues and forks
- Code viewer with lots of nice themes, so you can see the code in all of its beauty
- Of course you can or watch and star repositories
- Detailed information about the files that were added, removed and modified
- Browse the changes of the modified files viewing colored diffs
- And yes, you can comment on commits
Issues and Pull Requests
- View open and closed issues and pull requests
- Search and filter issue lists
- Open new issues, edit existing ones or close the ones you fixed
- Manage issues including assignee, milestone, and labels
- Merge pull requests on the go
- Issue and pull request discussion/commenting
- List of issues across your repositories
User and Organization Profiles
- Profiles include repositories, recent activity, gists, followers and followings, as well as organizations/members
- Follow users
- Access to your public, private and starred gists
- Browse them the same way you can explore repositories
- You can comment on gists, too
Get it nowon the iOS App Store
And there's even more...
These are the major features, but the app is rapidly improving and getting extended with new functionality as the GitHub API gets extended. Here are some more niceties the app includes:
- Multiuser support: Use the app with multiple GitHub accounts*
- GitHub Enterprise: Support for your companies own installation of GitHub*
- Search: Look up users and repositories
- Username and issue completion (as seen on GitHub)
- Get notified about GitHub status warnings
- Open almost every GitHub.com URL in iOctocat, by prefixing it with ioc:// instead of https://
- 1Password integration (can be used when adding an account)
* Pro Upgrade
Private repositories, notifications, multiple accounts and support for GitHub Enterprise require the Pro Upgrade which is available via in-app purchase.
What users say about the app
At Simple, engineers and customer relations folks use iOctocat to keep up. We use GitHub.com for public open source projects and GitHub Enterprise for internal code and iOctocat connects us to both.
– Will Maier, Simple
As Github is a central part of my daily work, so is iOctocat.
– Andreas Linde, HockeyApp
iOctocat is the perfect way to keep up with GitHub on iOS. It makes it ridiculously easy and comfortable to comment on issues or merge pull requests right from your phone.
I just replaced the Facebook app on my iPhone’s home screen with iOctocat.
I get more use out of it.
Follow the project
Get iOctocat today and be sure to follow the project on Twitter or App.net to be informed about new features and versions! You can also use these channels to provide feedback: I'll answer your questions and respond as soon and best as I can.